2.07.2009

hospitality and pineapples.

Today, after picking up a free recliner for the hubby (courtesy of Craigslist), we stopped by one of our favorite places in all of the 'Burgh-Construction Junction. CJ is a place where you can find recycled building and household items to buy and repurpose for cheap (and sometimes free). Can you tell that I'm a sucker for a bargain? While we are still in negotiations over "the house", we can't help but to be excited and wanting to plan and such. We found plenty of potential items for said house, but we were really only browsing for now. However, as we were getting ready to walk out the door, we looked at some smaller items on a table near the entrance and I found two of these great little architectural pineapple things for $4 each. I'm assuming that's what they are, anyways. I'll post a picture of them later. So, I set out on a quest to find out exactly what they are-I didn't, but I did find this awesome wallpaper designed by Jenny Wilkinson in the UK. It's paint by number. I'm not kidding. You can even purchase it here. Also, pineapples have been used as a symbol of hospitality for a long time, so I think these would be great for wherever we live.

I'm really not a fan of wallpaper, but I think I could dig a little bit of this-maybe on just one wall or something?

No comments: